The IRS announced that the filing season will start on February 12, 2021. They will not be accepting returns before that date.
- Was your 2019 income less than $57,000?
- Do you qualify for the Earned Income Credit?
If you meet either of these qualifications, IRS Certified tax preparers in the VITA program will prepare your taxes for free!
What we can do…
- Free Federal and New York State tax preparation
- Free Federal and New York State efiling
- Free direct deposit for the very fastest receipt of your tax return
- Free printed copies of your return at the time of filing
Socially distanced tax preparation
- NEW this year please take advantage of our online virtual tax preparation process:
"This was so easy and super user friendly. The questions were clear and easy to understand exactly what I needed to do. I would definitely do this again," said a Cortland taxpayer today. Use the Get Your Refund Tab above to get more information.
- NEW we can load your refund to a prepaid debit card provided by a non-profit
- NOT linked to the CHEX system
- NO credit look up
- NO minimum balance
- NO monthly fees
- NO minimum fees
- ARE fees for out of network ATM (not Money Pass, All Point or US Bank)
- IS fee for 90 days of inactivity
- IS fee for paper statement
- IS fee for lost/stolen card replacement
- IS fee for foreign transaction
- NOT comfortable working online?
- We're still doing drop off services. Check out the Drop Off Tab for details.
- Want more support?
- Use the Contact Us tab to email us and let us know that you need to meet in person to complete your taxes.
- Because of COVID, these appointments may not happen until March as most of my host sites are limiting building use in order to avoid disease spread.
What you should bring…
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card or Statement for everyone on your return
- All W-2 Forms from all employers throughout the year
- Last year’s taxes (if available)
- Information about tuition or student loan interest paid
- If you paid for child care: totals, provider tax identification number, name and address
- Any tax statements from retirement accounts or investment accounts
- Account numbers for direct deposit of your tax return
Sorry, but we can’t do returns with…
- International taxes
- Business taxes with more than $10,000 in expenses
- Rental income
- Household employment
- Business partnerships
- Adoption credits
Want to help?
Become a patron! Click here to download our brochure.
Contact us at: email@example.com